It’s been pretty quiet around here, just the sound of paintbrushes and rollers, knitting needles tinking and the cat snoring. I finally finished my latest simplest sweater, the one with the handspun, and I’m really happy with how it came out. I’ve been wanting to use more handspun and thought this might be a fun project for it, incorporating it into the yoke, then knitting the body and sleeves in a basic black. Can’t go wrong with black.
So says the cat.
My modifications for this sweater were pretty simple. I decided to knit a 2×2 rib for the bottom and the end of the sleeves…I didn’t want the rolling hemline this time. For the sleeves, I decided to do the ribbing in the handspun since I still have quite a bit of it left. For around the neck edge, I again didn’t want the roll and also wanted to bring it up towards my neck a bit more, so I crocheted (in black) a row of single crochet, turned and did a row of double crochet, turned and finished with another row of single crochet. It solved the rolling problem and drew it up a bit more so it wouldn’t be too wide. It is winter (well, almost) after all! And I am in the Great White North.
So being all wool, I do have to wear something underneath it to keep from scratching myself to death. If I had chosen the superwash wool, I think I would have been okay, but this is the regular Cascade 200.
So there it is! I’m busy getting some projects together for a little sunshiny holiday the Mister and I are taking soon, and for me lounging on a beach isn’t complete without a good book, an adult beverage and knitting.
The handspun is Yarn Pirate’s Tanzanite. The black heather is Cascade 220. And I knit this on size 9 (5.5mm) circular needles.