And… it’s finished!
Although I’m not sure I’m happy with the button situation, but that’s pretty easy to switch out. I need something less intrusive. And less heavy. I was torn between 2 and should have gone with the other choice… Ah well, as I said, it’s pretty easy to switch out.
The yarn is the wonderful Madeline Tosh DK in Tart, a lovely deep red with black undertones. But it’s such a hard colour to photograph. It’s somewhere between these top photos and the bottom ones where I’m in the sunshine.
I’m hoping it will wear well and not succumb to pilling… I’m thinking it might not pill since it’s really a very smooth fibre.
I love the cable pattern in this.
I made a few modifications to the pattern:
- I added 4 pattern repeats to the collar so that it would be a bit longer.
- I eliminated the waist shaping.
- I did a longer bottom rib… it’s about 6 inches.
It was an easy pattern to knit and I would have finished it much quicker if I hadn’t set it down for about 6 months. I’m looking forward to wearing it out now that the days are cooler and there is a crispness in the air.
I’m so excited to get started on that, but even more excited to meet our brother for the first time in person! It’s a long story, but we’re so excited and thrilled to be meeting him and his wife next week! It’s truly amazing how life brings new surprises along the way… :)